Friday, February 11, 2011

Superstar

I love the Superstar song by the Carpenters.  Everytime I hear it, I've always drawn to retrospecting. I'm not even an oldie-junkie person, but only this particular old song that always brings me back to some good old memories.

They say, if a song means so much to you, that's because it's associated with something remarkable in your past.   Interesting.  But I couldn't remember an occasion that I could relate to this song.  All I know is, I get flashes of beautiful memories when it plays on the radio - to the point of holding back a teary-eye.

The heart's day is buzzing in the air.   It's that time to get mushy and romantic.  May you get cozy with your Superstar...




Long ago and oh so far away
I fell in love with you before the second show
Your guitar, it sounds so sweet and clear
But you're not really here
It's just the radio

(*) Don't you remember you told me you loved me baby
You said you'd be coming back this way again baby
Baby, baby, baby, baby, oh, baby, I love you I really do

Loneliness is a such a sad affair
And I can hardly wait to be with you again

What to say to make you come again
Come back to me again
And play your sad guitar

Repeat (*) twice