Thursday, May 27, 2010

Do you believe in angels?

Was it fair to me that after running like crazy to catch the bus, the bus driver drove away from me? This was exactly what happened to me yesterday morning. And I was disgruntled with anger because I was a few yards from the bus; and he should have waited for me. What was he thinking?!...Good thing, I calmed down in a few. Then waited for another 20 minutes for the next bus to come, inspite of the evenmore annoying drizzling-rain and frigid wind.

As I was brushing off the not-so-good event at the bus stop and in the office that morning, my bitter-sweet past came haunting at me again in the afternoon; which I thought added more to my already hapless day.

As soon as I got home, I felt all these weighed down on me, so I couldn't help sobbing profusely last night...

But this morning was a different story...

I left early for work today just to make sure that the bus driver wouldn't have any excuse to runaway
from me. At the bus stop, as I was about to tuck my umbrella into its tiny fabric cover, a gentle breeze wafted the tiny fabric away... I tried to run after it. Two, three, four times and more I tried to catch it wrestling with the wind, but no luck... Then I realized that I was in the middle of the road. As I looked back, I noticed that I was almost a block away from the bus stop, leaving behind my open handbag on the bench; which I was grateful that nobody stole it... And as I looked up, I was surprise to see a white van halted in front of my track. The driver didn't blow his horns, or even yelled at me. Yet I guessed he was there for awhile. But he was so kind enough to wait for me get out of the road; Even shielding me safely from the oncoming vehicles.

Finally, I decided to let go the fabric cover, as it still continued to drift over the other side of the road. As I was gazing steadfast on it; feeling sorry for the little piece. I was surprise to see a a white male jogger crossed the road and picked it up. Then he came running towards me and handed me the umbrella cover.

I was flabbergasted! I didn't have a slightest clue where that man came from.

...I remember an instance from my trip in New york...As we were heading back home to catch our flight, my friend and I couldn't find the bus stop that would take us to La guardia airport. We were lost on the street of Uptown Manhattan in an early Sunday morning. Then suddenly, a lady just popped up from nowhere and asked what we were looking for...She then walked us through to the bus stop just in time for our ride to the airport...

Yeah, I was so so silly today for running after the umbrella cover that was worth nothing. And I felt
embarrassed for making a scene on the road; Causing concern from the drivers. But what was puzzling to me, was the fact that on a quiet early morning; with only less than 5 people on the street; and with the fast approaching vehicles, I was spared from an accident. Who were these people who showed up? The driver who stopped at my track, and the white male jogger who ran all the way to the other side to pick up that piece of crap. Why did they bother to, or care about me?

Oh, I love this city! This may not be the city of angels, but I believe angels live here too. Why not, if this is one of the livable cities in the world...

Or on another thought... Am I just a vulnerable-looking human being that I keep angels working all the time?