Wednesday, June 15, 2011

The Team Spirit

I'm completely blown away and overwhelmed with what's going on here in Vancouver.  Hundreds of Vancouverites, regardless of skin color,  would be flocking downtown area.  A large TV screen has been installed since the series has started.  There'd be yelling, screaming, jumping, cheering and all sorts of expression later this afternoon.  Then the aftermath would be determined - it could be a celebration or a bereavement.  What would prompt this?  The game 7 of the Stanley Cups Final.

I have blogged this before that I'm not a hockey fan. But when I've started following the series, I get hooked up with it.  Now I'm enjoying the game ever before, to the point of getting really affected whenever our home team lose.   And this morning, I told my co-worker that I'm  not sure if I'm going to watch the game because I'm afraid I gonna have a heart attack.  That's how succumbed I am now.

I know there's a lot of mixed feelings, and emotions are high here right now.  Yet just like the previous games, I've never seen how the Vancouverites are so passionate about their team.  How much support they're showing to their team, win or lose.  I heard one said,  "Whatever happens to your team, you don't quit on them.  You're still behind them."  That to me is inspiring.   And you know what else inspires me?  The sight of a city being united by one team, and that whatever happens - win or lose,  we're still one as a team. 

When the Vancouver Canucks was slammed by Boston Bruins during game 6,  the goalie, Roberto Loungo said in an interview after the game,  "I have to believe in myself, right?"  - And that's exactly the
exactly the spirit.




"When some people stop believing in you, you have to believe in yourself.  Because it's only you who have the power to change everything"